Tuesday 31 January 2012

To Topshop Or Not To Topshop?


Most bestsellers were that of luxury goods, which I think everyone was very impressed with. You can tell that people have saved their hard earned cash up and gone 'you know what actually I deserve that slightly more expensive jumper'. But this is were my debate lies, fashion is always going to be that of see it, buy it now, however there is a generation of see it and have it, want it, need it. The slightly younger generation will spend their parents cash willy nilly just to have the next 'In' thing. 

But I think the slightly older generation, are saying, 'Well, yes I want that dress but am I going to pay £40 for it, at that quality? Am I fuck?'. I think Topshop and other high street names have learnt this lesson the hard way. We expected hordes of people on Boxing Day knocking down the doors, however it was fairly laid back. People are choosing very carefully what they spend their money on, and as a result the high street are being forced to source their material in a higher quality. While keeping their prices at a budget.

Primark, go to show that the want it, have it now generation will boom in this type of format. Realistically though how long is that Primark pair of shoes really going to last. Will they keep your feet warm and dry next winter too? Lets face it, they are hardly going to see you through this winter! 

So as my point always is, buy things only when necessary. Something that suits you, just because its in fashion doesn't mean you should be wearing it. Nothing says I know fashion and how to dress than something that suits your figure. Maybe we should take a leaf out of the Men of Todays handbook - only go into a shop, when you know what you want!

Just some food for thought! 

No comments:

Post a Comment