Sunday 29 January 2012

Statements

There is a big lesson to be learnt in every fashionistas life and that is, one must stop themselves buying for the sake of having the next big thing because 'everyones got one'.

My mum would always say 'I don't care everyones got one your not having one'. To my disappointment she held her end of the bargain only my auntie would buy my barbie dolls.

So 'Statement Pieces' is something that you must drill into your mind, because unless you've stumbled across a diamond mine or have a stupidly well paid job then your not going to be able to buy the next big thing without turning off the heating for a day or two.

This in mind you must also remember just because short shorts are in does not mean you have the right to wear them at any given chance - thats a lesson to us all. You see working in Topshop does lend its self to letting you think you can get away with wearing anything you want to any occasion.

Also I know that fake leather look that Topshop are so fond of is reserved for people with no lumps and bumps and if you want to fit ya ass into them you gotta do the work to look good in them.

So I searched the internet for a few 'Statement Pieces', you must remember you gotta get ya basis down too.

ASOS, is just a little gem I think we all know this!

Collar Tips, what a great way to jazz up any shirt, gives it character and makes it that detail that adds glamour and value to any outfit.


Of course any addition to a shirt, or a collar to a top will take it from a day to evening outfit.



Now harness' are in fashion and you will find necklace type's too. However when I saw this I fell in love. Its so beautiful. Obviously you have to be VERY careful about what you team these with. Its like the cleavage and leg rule.


Everyone and I mean everyone should have a good collection of scarfs. They complete most outfits. Its good to make sure your scarf doesn't clash with your hair, if you were to have oddly coloured hair!

Now Fur, real or not, is something I'm yet to learn how to wear. I'd prefer to save it for my older age! But this would make any boring coat look luxurious.
Florals and Pastels are a big thing for S/S12. This blazer is perfect for any summer outfit, or for a night out.
I've fallen in love with these waistcoats recently. Don't ask me why its something I've just discovered. I'm slow on that update (my personal journey and that!).

Belts tie in any outfit, I like this one, however its one of those ones where you have to be careful what and when you wear it. 


I'm loving this shape and waterfall style of this wrap jacket. This would style up and mature any office outfit. 9-5 doesn't have to be boring because no body else knows how to have fun with clothes.

Now last but not least are these darling little socks, they remind me of being very little in my Mary Janes. I have to say, I have a pair that I like to wear with my wedges from Tescos little girls section, I'm not sure I can put that down to personal journey.

So go forth and lose some drab pieces from your wardrobe and replace with statements that are going to make you stand out. Fake eyelashes and nails do not count.

No comments:

Post a Comment